The Undergraduate Students Association Council is the official student government that represents the undergraduate student body at UCLA. Council meetings take place every week Tuesday at 7 p.m. in Kerckhoff 417 and are open to all students. Watch a live stream of the meetings on the USAC Live! YouTube channel.
- Officials from student organization All of Us made a presentation about mental illness on college campuses. They encouraged all council-members to address mental health in their offices and spoke about future goals such as new position appointments for next year.
- The council did not make an allocation from the
Contingency Programming Fund to USAC offices.
- The council approved an allocation of $2,276 from the
Contingency Programming Fund to student groups.
- Second-year world arts and cultures student Johnnie Yaj was appointed as next year’s budget review director. Yaj also held this position last year.
- Kevin Yu was appointed chairperson of the USAC finance committee.
- USAC President Daniel Siegel said he held a meeting with Associate Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs Monroe Gorden and Assistant Vice Chancellor of Campus Life Mick DeLuca. Siegel said he will attend his first Alumni
Association Board Meeting this Saturday.
- Internal Vice President Sabrina Ziegler began the
Appointments Review Commission this week. Ziegler said she will start reviewing appointments for her office’s director positions.
- Executive Vice President Rafael Sands said two student health bills in the California legislature have passed out of their respective committees and will be up for voting at the same time. He added his office has already hired 45 staff members.
- Academic Affairs Commissioner Ashly Mohankumar said she is almost done hiring staff for her office and will focus on reaching out to professors for the faculty advisor position next week.
The council voted to approve a resolution that was tabled at last week’s meeting. The resolution aims to better support transgender students by stating USAC’s support of single-stall, all gender bathrooms, USAC councilmembers will also receive LGBT Ally Training in order to better understand and assist the community in the future.