The Undergraduate Students Association Council is the official student government that represents the undergraduate student body at UCLA. Council meetings take place every Tuesday at 7 p.m. in Kerckhoff 417 and are open to all students. Watch a live stream of the meetings on the USAC Live! YouTube channel.
- The council approved an allocation of $70 from the Contingency Programming Fund to USAC offices.
- The council approved an allocation of $5,334 from the Contingency Programming Fund to student groups.
- The council unanimously appointed Celeste Romano as a Student Risk Education Committee member, after a nomination from Community Service Commissioner Zack Dameron.
- President Danny Siegel said he flew to Sacramento with External Vice President Rafi Sands. He added he met with Career Center representatives to discuss connecting students with more internship opportunities, and attended the University Religious Center’s Interfaith event, led by Janina
Montero, vice chancellor of student affairs.
- Internal Vice President Sabrina Zeigler said her office
hosted the Student Group Vendor Fair this week. She added council members are invited to the All-USAC Banquet at Pauley Pavilion later this week.
- External Vice President Rafi Sands said he and Siegel attended the State of California Budget Revise, where the legislature discussed plans to increase in-state enrollment
and decrease out-of-state enrollment, without increasing funding. Sands said he advocated for the legislature to consider making holistic, instead of
reactionary, decisions. He said he will fly out later this week to Washington, D.C., to meet with former External Vice President Zach Helder’s staff.