USAC recap – May 3

By Kartik Kolachina

The Undergraduate Students Association Council is the official student government representing the undergraduate student body at UCLA. Council meetings take place every Tuesday at 7 p.m. in Kerckhoff 417 and are open to all students. Watch a live stream of the meetings on the USAC Live! YouTube channel.

Agenda

• The council unanimously passed a resolution in support of increased lighting in Westwood Village.
  • The council unanimously voted to convert Kerckhoff 519 into a student food co-op. The Election Board, which currently occupies Kerckhoff 519, will share the room with the student food co-op.
  • The council approved an allocation of $275 to the Community Service Commission from the Contingency Programming Fund.
  • The council unanimously voted to make modifications to the Academic Affairs Commission, internal vice president and presidential appointment bylaws.
  • The council voted to transfer about $8,000 from the Discretionary Fund to the Contingency Programming Fund.

Officer reports

• USAC President Heather Rosen said she introduced her food security initiative to administrators involved with the UC Education Abroad Program. Rosen added she wanted students to be guaranteed food while traveling.
  • Rosen said she met with Administrative Vice Chancellor Michael Beck to discuss campus climate issues and student safety.
  • Internal Vice President Heather Hourdequin said she reached out to all relevant UCLA administrators and municipal authorities to advocate for improved lighting in Westwood.

Email Kolachina at [email protected].

Kartik Kolachina