UCPD searching for suspect who hit man with motorcycle

UCPD is searching for a man who struck another man with is motorcycle on Strathmore Drive. (Courtesy of UCPD)

By Roberto Luna Jr.

University police are searching for a man who struck another man with a motorcycle on Strathmore Drive near Charles E. Young Drive on April 16.

The man was driving a motorcycle on Strathmore Drive when he hit the rear bumper of another man’s SUV, according to a UCPD alert. When the man in the SUV tried to call police, the man driving the motorcycle attempted to take his phone.

The man then used his motorcycle to hit the other man in the lower body, knocking him to the ground, before driving east on Strathmore Drive.

It is unknown whether either man is affiliated with UCLA.

The man was described as either black or Hispanic, with black hair and about 20 to 30 years old, according to the alert. He was last seen wearing a gray long sleeve shirt, dark pants and a black helmet. He was riding a white 2005 or 2006 Suzuki GSXR motorcycle.

No further information was immediately available. The case is still under investigation.

Anyone with information about this case can call UCPD at 310-825-1491.

Roberto Luna Jr. | News senior staff
Roberto Luna Jr. is currently a senior staffer covering Westwood, crime and transportation. He was previously an assistant News editor from 2015-2016 and a News contributor from 2014-2015.