ASUCLA Board of Directors recap – March 11

By Bekhzod Aliev

Associated Students UCLA is a multimillion-dollar organization that provides student services and activities that the university does not fund. It oversees the Undergraduate Students Association Council, Graduate Students Association, Communications Board, campus services and enterprises. Board of Directors meetings are monthly and open to the public.

Executive and committee reports

• ASUCLA Executive Director Robert Williams said construction of the Luskin Conference and Guest Center is expected to be complete by August.
  • Williams said minor renovations and remodeling projects for Ackerman Union and the Kerckhoff patio are under consideration.
  • Williams said the association is still testing the practicality of using compost bins and will analyze data from the pilot composting program in Lu Valle Commons.
  • Williams said the association operated at a surplus over the past several months, coming out positive in all departments except for catering and concessions at
    basketball games. Williams said the low concession sales can be attributed to the low attendance at basketball games.

Compiled by Bekhzod Aliev, Bruin contributor.

Bekhzod Aliev