UCPD looking for two men responsible for robbing student

By Roberto Luna Jr.

Police are searching for two men who threatened a UCLA student with a gun and stole from him in Westwood on Tuesday night.

The student reported he was walking near Weyburn and Selby avenues east of Westwood Village about 10 p.m. when the two men approached him, according to a UCPD alert. One of the men lifted his sweatshirt to reveal a silver handgun tucked in his waistband, and demanded the student’s belongings. The student complied and the two men fled northbound on Selby Avenue.

The man who brandished the gun was described as black, 5 feet 10 inches tall, 180 pounds and 20 years old with brown eyes, according to the alert. He was wearing a gray hoodie and dark-colored pants.

The second man was described as black, 6 feet tall, 180 pounds and 20 years old with brown eyes, according to the alert. He was wearing a light-colored hooded sweatshirt.

No further information was immediately available. The case is still under investigation.

UCPD recommends students be aware of their surroundings and not walk alone at night.

Anyone with information about this case can call UCPD at 310-824-1491.

Roberto Luna Jr. | News senior staff
Roberto Luna Jr. is currently a senior staffer covering Westwood, crime and transportation. He was previously an assistant News editor from 2015-2016 and a News contributor from 2014-2015.