Photo Gallery: UCLA men’s basketball falls to USC for first time since 2013

By Miriam Bribiesca

USC junior forward Nikola Jovanovic drives to the basket against UCLA senior forward/center Tony Parker early in the first half. The Trojans attacked the basket throughout the game, drawing 23 fouls and taking 23 trips to the free-throw line.

(Miriam Bribiesca/Daily Bruin)

Jovanovic attempts to gain position against UCLA sophomore center Thomas Welsh (left) in the first half. Jovanovic accounted for eight of the 38 points scored by the Trojans' frontcourt.

(Miriam Bribiesca/Daily Bruin)

UCLA junior guard Bryce Alford (left) fouls USC guard Katin Reinhardt on a fast break late in the first half. Reinhardt managed to score the basket anyway, giving USC a 40-26 lead with 2:51 left in the first half.

(Miriam Bribiesca/Daily Bruin)

UCLA coach Steve Alford received his first technical foul of the season in the first half of Wednesday's game against USC. The technical foul failed to light a fire under the Bruins, who allowed USC to make an 8-3 run after the technical was issued.

(web.sp.mbb.usc.MB.PicK/Daily Bruin)

Freshman guard Aaron Holiday finished with 11 points on 4-for-9 shooting in his first career game against USC.

(Miriam Bribiesca/Daily Bruin)

Alford struggled to find open space all night, as USC guarded him closely on and off the ball. Here, USC 6-foot-11-inch forward Chimezie Metu plays help defense against Alford along the baseline.

(Miriam Bribiesca/Daily Bruin)

Junior guard Isaac Hamilton played a new role of facilitator against USC, tallying a season-high eight assists. Hamilton nearly finished with a triple-double, as he notched 10 points and 10 rebounds to go with his eight assists.

(Miriam Bribiesca/Daily Bruin)

Parker scored 19 of his season-high 27 points in the second half, taking charge in the key.

(Miriam Bribiesca/Daily Bruin)

Parker grabbed a game-high five offensive rebounds against the Trojans. The senior forward/center posted his ninth double-double of the season with 27 points and 12 boards.

(Miriam Bribiesca/Daily Bruin)

Sophomore center Thomas Welsh makes a short floater with 2:13 to go, cutting UCLA's deficit to single digits. That was as close as UCLA would come to USC in the second half, as the Trojans led by at least nine points for the entire period.

(Miriam Bribiesca/Daily Bruin)

Parker throws down one of his three slam dunks on the night.

(Miriam Bribiesca/Daily Bruin)

Holiday was the only Bruin starter to play less than 35 minutes in the USC game. The freshman logged 28 minutes of game action.

(Miriam Bribiesca/Daily Bruin)

Miriam Bribiesca