UCLA football’s Ka’imi Fairbairn, Kenny Clark named AP All-Americans

Senior kicker Ka’imi Fairbairn, the winner of the Lou Groza Award given to the nation’s top placekicker, was the only Bruin named to the Associated Press All-America first-team when the results were announced Sunday. (Austin Yu/Daily Bruin senior staff)

By camayak

Two Bruins, senior kicker Ka’imi Fairbairn and junior defensive tackle Kenny Clark, were named to Associated Press All-America teams Sunday.

Fairbairn, the winner of the Lou Groza Award given to the nation’s top placekicker, was selected for the first team and Clark was named to the third team.

Fairbairn made 20 of 23 field goals this season, including a 60-yarder against Cal on Oct. 22, and all 44 of his extra points to record his fourth 100-point season and cement his spot as the Pac-12’s all-time leading scorer.

Clark, the Bruins’ lone All-Pac-12 first-teamer, anchored a depleted defense with stellar play on the defensive line. With 64 tackles and five sacks, the 6-foot-3-inch 310-pound tackle elevated his draft stock this fall and is projected by many as a first-rounder if he declares for this spring’s NFL draft.

Compiled by Matt Cummings, Bruin Sports senior staff.

camayak