Bronte takes first, leads women’s golf to third at Stanford Intercollegiate

By Claire Fahy

Junior women’s golfer Bronte Law is on a roll.

October’s Pac-12 Conference Golfer of the Month picked up the fourth tournament win of her collegiate career at the Stanford Intercollegiate Oct. 18-20.

Law’s performance in Stanford carried the Bruins to a third place finish. UCLA has finished second two years in a row at the Pac-12 Preview behind first place finishes from Law in 2013 and Allison Lee, who since moved on to the LPGA, in 2014.

This season’s Pac-12 Preview includes elite competition such as No. 1 USC and No. 2 Stanford in addition to four top-25 teams. No. 6 UCLA will look to build on its success at the Stanford Intercollegiate and improve its national standing in what is the fall season’s final competition.

Following this week’s tournament in Hawaii, UCLA women’s golf will conclude its fall season, returning to action in February at the Northrop Grumman Regional Challenge.

Compiled by Claire Fahy, Bruin Sports senior staff.

Claire Fahy | Alumna
Fahy joined the Bruin as a freshman in 2013 and contributed until she graduated in 2017. She was the Sports editor for the 2015-2016 academic year and an assistant Sports editor for the 2014-2015 academic year. Fahy spent time on the football, men's basketball, men's water polo, men's volleyball and swim and dive beats.