UCPD searching for two suspects involved in alleged cellphone robbery

By Roberto Luna Jr.

University police are searching for two men who stole a UCLA student’s cell phone in North Village Sunday night.

The student reported to UCPD Sunday two men approached her at the Strathmore Drive and Levering Avenue intersection at 11:38 p.m., according to a UCPD alert. They allegedly grabbed her cell phone from her hand and ran away.

Police described the first man as white, 18 to 21 years old and about 6 foot 2 inches tall, with an average build, long dark hair and light eyes, according to the alert. He was seen wearing a jean jacket, gray hooded sweatshirt and black pants.

The second man was described as white, 18 to 21 years old and 5 feet 9 inches tall, with an average build, long red hair and light eyes, according to the alert. He was seen wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and black pants.

No further information was immediately available. The case is still under investigation.

UCPD recommends students keep calm and let any robbers know you intend to obey. UCPD also suggests that students observe what the robbers look like and what they are wearing, and reminds students that money is not worth actual harm.

Anyone with information about this case can call UCPD at (310) 825-1491.

Compiled by Roberto Luna Jr., Bruin senior staff.

Roberto Luna Jr. | News senior staff
Roberto Luna Jr. is currently a senior staffer covering Westwood, crime and transportation. He was previously an assistant News editor from 2015-2016 and a News contributor from 2014-2015.