Daily Bruin Abroad: Cities of France

By Daniel Alcazar

Reflections were visible in the glass of an empty seventh arrondissement gallery.

(Daniel Alcazar/Daily Bruin)

Tourists overran the city of Paris in the summer months. Tour boats constantly went up and down the Seine, the river that runs through Paris.

(Daniel Alcazar/Daily Bruin)

The western facade of Notre Dame de Paris stood as one of the most visited monuments in Paris.

(Daniel Alcazar/Daily Bruin)

A street musician played the clarinet as tourists passed through to the Louvre Museum courtyard.

(Daniel Alcazar/Daily Bruin)

The southeast side of Louvre and its colonnade was designed by Claude Perrault.

(Daniel Alcazar/Daily Bruin)

A street musician played the cello for the many tourists visiting the Louvre.

(Daniel Alcazar/Daily Bruin)

The Saint-Germain l'Auxerrois church in the first arrondissement of Paris is located near the Louvre.

(Daniel Alcazar/Daily Bruin)

Passengers boarded the arriving metro at the Franklin D. Roosevelt station in Paris.

(Daniel Alcazar/Daily Bruin)

Rain fell upon the Eiffel Tower and the Trocadéro.

(Daniel Alcazar/Daily Bruin)

A rainy view could be seen of the L'Hôtel National des Invalides from across the Pont Alexandre III, a deck arch bridge, one of the most decorative bridges over the Seine.

(Daniel Alcazar/Daily Bruin)

One of the most famous landmarks in Paris is the Arc de Triomphe which stood at the western end of the Champs-Elysées. The 19th century arch and the contemporary traffic provided an interesting juxtaposition.

(Daniel Alcazar/Daily Bruin)

A man sat on the sculpture "Stellar" by Baptiste Debombourg in Nantes. Le Voyage Á Nantes is a yearly art exhibit that runs through the whole city.

(Daniel Alcazar/Daily Bruin)

The Eglise Sainte Croix of Nantes is topped by the old belfry of the city.

(Daniel Alcazar/Daily Bruin)

La Baule, a popular and cemented vacation city on the Atlantic coast, is deserted under the rain.

(Daniel Alcazar/Daily Bruin)

The interior view of the Saint André cathedral in Bordeaux. It was consecrated in 1096 by Pope Urban II.

(Daniel Alcazar/Daily Bruin)

"Monument aux Girondins" stands in the Place des Quinconces, the main square in Bordeaux.

(Daniel Alcazar/Daily Bruin)

"Ligne d'ardoise," or "Slate Line," is a permanent sculpture made on the spot by Richard Long on the rooftop courtyard of the CAPC Museum of Contemporary Art in Bordeaux.

(Daniel Alcazar/Daily Bruin)

"The Apostle" by Raoul Larche stands in a public garden in Bordeaux.

(Daniel Alcazar/Daily Bruin)

Daniel Alcazar | Photo Editor
Daniel Alcazar is currently the Daily Bruin's photo editor. He is also a writer for Arts & Entertainment section. He was previously photographer from 2014-2015.