UC Regents preview – July 21-23

By Shreya Maskara

July 20, 2015 7:11 a.m.

The University of California Board of Regents will discuss its annual UC Accountability Report and the progress of the President’s Task Force on Preventing and Responding to Sexual Violence and Sexual Assault, among other topics, at its meeting on the UC San Francisco Mission Bay campus on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Tuesday

• The Committee on Compliance and Audit will vote on the Ethics and Compliance Program Plan the 2015-2016 fiscal year.

Wednesday

• The Committee on Long Range Planning will discuss the annual UC Accountability Report, which provides statistics and an overview of the University’s performance in areas such as affordability and graduation rates.
  • The Committee on Long Range Planning will also discuss the pilot program for UCPath, a unified human resources and payroll system that will be implemented at the UC Office of the President in the fall. The project is about two years behind schedule. The University estimates that the deployment would cost $375 million, about $155 million more than the initial budget.
  • The Committee on Finance will vote to approve the proposed 2015-2016 budget for the Office of the President.
  • The Committee on Health Services will discuss the adoption of changes to the governance model of the UC Health system.

Thursday

• The President’s Task Force on Preventing and Responding to Sexual Violence and Sexual Assault will update the Committee on Educational Policy on its progress in adopting a comprehensive training and education plan and developing a systemwide standard data collection system.
  • The regents will vote on the establishment of a joint research and education institution between UC Berkeley and Tsinghua University in China.
  • The Committee on Compensation will discuss the 2014 Total Remuneration Study, which is designed to assess the competitiveness of UC salaries and benefits for both current and future faculty.

Complied by Shreya Maskara, Bruin senior staff.

Shreya Maskara | Assistant news editor