Three-star defensive lineman Osa Odighizuwa commits to UCLA football

By Tanner Walters

UCLA football added three-star defensive lineman Osa Odighizuwa to its 2016 recruiting class on Tuesday night, Bruin Report Online initially reported.

The name should be familiar for UCLA fans. Odighizuwa is the younger brother of former five-star Bruin defensive end Owamagbe Odighizuwa, who was selected by the New York Giants with the 74th overall pick in the 2015 NFL Draft just four days earlier.

Osa Odighizuwa, a 6-foot-3 junior, was the 2014 Mt. Hood Conference Co-Defensive Player of the Year and an all-state defensive lineman. He represents the eighth commitment for the class and is scheduled to graduate from David Douglas High School in Portland, Ore., in 2016.

Compiled by Tanner Walters, Bruin Sports reporter.

Tanner Walters | Alumnus
Walters joined the Bruin as a freshman in 2014 and contributed until he graduated in 2018. He was the Alumni director for the 2017-2018 academic year, Editor in Chief for the 2016-2017 academic year and an assistant Sports editor for the 2015-2016 academic year. Walter spent time on the football, men's basketball, men's volleyball, men's soccer, men's water polo and rowing beats.