Tuesday, March 19, 2024

The Brunch Club: Farmshop

By Angie Wang, Emaan Baqai

The market surrounding the deli is packed with specialty food products, like olive oil and spreads, many of which are imported internationally and contribute to the somewhat pretentious vibe emanating from the locale. The hanging ceiling lights provide a distinctly modern L.A. touch that contradicts the more organic furnishings of the dining area, complete with varnished wood tables and cloth napkins.

(Angie Wang/Daily Bruin)

Farmshop's croissants are especially renowned. Buttery and soft, they satisfy whether eaten alongside brunch or by themselves.

(Angie Wang/Daily Bruin)

Chock full of delicacies ranging from baby octopus to roasted beet salad to cheeses coated in fig sauce, the deli serves a variety of beautifully presented lunch items, albeit at a price.

(Angie Wang/Daily Bruin)

Farmshop houses a fully functioning deli to the right side of the seated dining area.

(Angie Wang/Daily Bruin)

While the butter croissants are a crowd favorite, the bakery hosts a variety of sweets ranging from quiches to banana chocolate bread.

(Angie Wang/Daily Bruin)

The iced coffee satisfies both the palette and the L.A. bruncher’s appetite for an aesthetically pleasing drink on a Sunday morning.

(Angie Wang/Daily Bruin)

Farmshop's mushroom frittata.

(Angie Wang/Daily Bruin)

Flaky buttermilk biscuits and scrambled eggs.

(Angie Wang/Daily Bruin)

Served on an open-faced toast, the albacore tuna salad appeals to those itching for less traditional breakfast items – the boiled eggs and olive tapenade does little to contribute to flavor, but the flavor of the tuna is enough to carry the meal.

(Angie Wang/Daily Bruin)

Thick french toast, lined with vanilla bean curd and strawberries and served with bacon, appeals to brunch-goers with a sweet tooth.

(Angie Wang/Daily Bruin)

La quercia prosciutto americano, bellwether dairy crescenza cheese, and herbs are whipped to create an incomparably fluffy omelet, served alongside a flaky croissant.

(Angie Wang/Daily Bruin)

Angie Wang
Emaan Baqai | Alumna