UCLA graduate schools placed in top 20 nationally in 2016 rankings

Several UCLA graduate schools placed in the top 20 nationally in the 2016 U.S. News and World Report “Best Graduate School” rankings released Tuesday. (Daily Bruin file photo)

By Shreya Maskara

Several UCLA graduate schools placed in the top 20 nationally in the 2016 U.S. News and World Report “Best Graduate School” rankings released Tuesday.

The David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA ranked seventh in the country for primary care – up from 13th last year – and 13th for research.

U.S. News and World Report ranked the Anderson School of Management as the 15th-best business school in the country, while the UCLA School of Law was ranked as the 16th-best law school.

The UCLA Graduate School of Education and Information Studies was rated 13th, and the Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science placed 14th. The UCLA School of Nursing was ranked 19th nationally.

The UCLA School of the Arts and Architecture ranked fourth in the country among graduate fine arts programs, and UCLA’s Fielding School of Public Health was listed as the 10th-best public health school.

Other University of California campuses also received high rankings in some categories.

The UC San Francisco School of Medicine was rated third best for primary care, and the UC Davis and UC San Diego medical schools tied for 19th place nationally.

The U.S. News and World Report’s graduate school rankings grade colleges based on several factors including peer assessment score, research activity, acceptance rates, student-faculty ratios and placement success.

Compiled by Shreya Maskara, Bruin contributor.

Shreya Maskara | Assistant news editor