UCLA extension instructor selected for reform project in Namibia

Dr. James Adams, who teaches employment law and human resources development at UCLA Extension, was recently selected for a Fulbright Specialist program.
(Courtesy of Business Wire)

By Shreya Maskara

A UCLA Extension instructor was recently selected for a Fulbright Specialists Project in Namibia by the United States Department of State and the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board.

Dr. James Adams, who started teaching at UCLA Extension in 2000, will undertake the project during the spring. He will hold training programs in negotiation, mediation and alternative dispute resolution as part of a reform program in the High Court of Namibia.

The Fulbright Specialists Program began in 2000 as a complementary project to the Fulbright Scholar Program. The program awards grants to about 400 U.S. faculty and professionals to provide short-term collaborative projects in about 140 countries worldwide.

The program is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State and the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs.

Adams teaches employment law and human resources development at UCLA Extension. He has written or edited about 50 legal references on state and federal issues.

Adams will leave for Namibia later this week, UCLA Extension spokesperson Helen Williams said.

Compiled by Shreya Maskara, Bruin contributor.

Shreya Maskara | Assistant news editor