The Westwood Neighborhood Council meets monthly to discuss issues pertaining to Westwood Village and the surrounding areas.
- Outreach and communications chair Lisa Chapman said the council helped with the Westwood homeless count on Jan. 28. She added that 75 volunteers helped count homeless individuals in the area.
- Owner residential group director Sandy Brown proposed several motions that the board passed unanimously, including a motion to request the City of Los Angeles to monitor the conditions with which several projects, including billboards and construction projects, are negotiated and approved.
- The board also unanimously passed a motion to have the option to opt out of the city’s ordinance about rules and regulations within which street vendors can operate.
- The council also passed a motion requesting the city to not make bike lanes in Westwood, which would eliminate lanes for cars.
- Board member Stephen Resnick said that after the board passed a resolution in December calling for improved service from the LAX FlyAway shuttle, contractors submitted a correction report about the service. He said he thinks the company has now become more time-efficient by hiring more staff. He added that they will be launching a smart phone application to make the service more convenient for users.
Compiled by Shreya Maskara, Bruin contributor.