USAC releases application for first Student Vendor Fair

Student Vendor Fair Nov. 24 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Bruin Plaza

By Ryan Leou

Students and groups interested in advertising for their clubs or selling goods can apply online until Sunday night to participate in the first Student Vendor Fair at UCLA.

The event, organized by the Undergraduate Students Association Council Internal Vice President’s office, will take place on Monday, Nov. 24 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.

“It’s an opportunity for student organizations to fundraise for causes, and it showcases the diversity of UCLA students,” said Avinoam Baral, USAC internal vice president.

The Student Vendor Fair was part of Baral’s campaign platforms in spring’s USAC elections.

To apply, clubs will need to specify what goods they plan to sell and how they will use the profits of their sales. At the fair, students can also display artwork or advertise for their organizations.

“There’s a lot of demand for the Student Vendor Fair, and it’s open to every club,” Baral said. “However, we are interested in prioritizing clubs who are raising money for specific causes.”

The office will review the applications to make sure products offered at the fair are in line with UCLA’s guidelines, he said.

To participate, students can fill out an online form by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday. Approved vendors will be notified on Nov. 7. Any questions about the application can be directed to [email protected].

Compiled by Ryan Leou, Bruin contributor.

Ryan Leou | Assistant News Editor