USAC IVP office to host Campus Safety Day on Monday

By Ariana Ricarte

UCLA partners are bringing a variety of campus safety resources to students Monday through a series of tours and workshops on campus and the Hill.

The Undergraduate Students Association Council Internal Vice President’s office is hosting Campus Safety Day in collaboration with multiple campus organizations, in an effort to centralize and showcase campus safety information. The event will take place from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. at various locations.

“I think we have so many emergency resources on campus, and often times they’re hidden in offices and only seen in flyers and info sheets,” said Avi Oved, USAC internal vice president. “We don’t know how to take advantage of them.”

Several organizations, including the Community Service Officer Program, the University of California Police Department and the Student Wellness Commission, will be tabling on campus during the day and offering students information about the different safety resources available.

Other Campus Safety Day events include street theater exhibitions, where students have the opportunity to try on drunk goggles, and a free self-defense class. The day will also feature workshops about active-shooter safety and emergency preparedness.

Among events on the Hill, the Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender Campus Resource Center will host ally training to teach students about issues relating to the LGBT community.

Compiled by Ariana Ricarte, Bruin reporter.

Ariana Ricarte