Police report third robbery this month in North Village

By Daily Bruin

Two men punched a UCLA student and stole his shoes in the North Village early Saturday morning in the third reported Westwood robbery this month, police said.

The student was walking eastbound on Ophir Drive near Midvale Avenue at about 1 a.m. when the two men approached him, according to a report from university police. They punched the student multiple times, stole his shoes and ran eastbound toward Glenrock Avenue, where they were last seen.

The student suffered minor injuries to his head and face. There was no sign of a weapon at the scene, according to the report.

The first man is described as black, 18 to 20 years old, 5 feet 10 inches to 5 feet 11 inches tall and 175 to 185 pounds. He was wearing a white beanie, gray hooded sweater and jeans. The second man is described as black, 18 to 20 years old and 6 feet tall with an athletic build. He has dreadlocks and was wearing black high-top sneakers.

This robbery is the latest in a string of two similar incidents near Ophir Drive. A man stole a student’s cell phone on Feb. 5 on Kelton Avenue near Ophir Drive, and a student’s wallet was stolen on the corner of Ophir Drive and Landfair Avenue on Monday morning.

No further information was available. The case is currently under investigation.

Anyone with information about this incident or similar incidents can call UCPD at (310) 825-1491.

Compiled by Yael Levin, Bruin senior staff.

Daily Bruin