“American Idol XIII” premieres at Royce Hall

By Yin Fu

Audience members lined up outside Royce Hall Tuesday afternoon to gain entrance to the "American Idol XIII" season premiere screening.

(Yin Fu/Daily Bruin)

"American Idol XIII" rolled out the blue carpet outside Royce Hall as judges and past contestants arrived for the screening.

(Yin Fu/Daily Bruin)

Season 11 runner-up Jessica Sanchez spoke with press on the blue carpet before the "American Idol XIII" premiere at Royce Hall on Tuesday.

(Yin Fu/Daily Bruin)

"Honestly I am a little hard to impress, but it's just a challenge to these young performers to work at your freaking craft. Work at it. Practice." – Harry Connick Jr.

(Yin Fu/Daily Bruin)

"I think what we're always looking for is just somebody who has ... the full package, who can come in and touch your heart with their singing and just reaches into the hearts of America. " – Jennifer Lopez

(Yin Fu/Daily Bruin)

"And to me, what I've always loved about "(American) Idol" is watching someone who comes from some town that we've never heard of or some small, little place, and they have this amazing gift but they don't have anything else yet." – Keith Urban

(Yin Fu/Daily Bruin)

"Sometimes, right before the result is read on the air . . . And I look down on that card and for a split second, it's in my head, I know which one is (going to) go and that's tough sometimes." – Ryan Seacrest

(Yin Fu/Daily Bruin)

Host Ryan Seacrest, new judge Harry Connick Jr., and returning judge Keith Urban posed for press on the blue carpet.

(Yin Fu/Daily Bruin)

Before the "American Idol XIII" premiere, the three judges, Keith Urban, Jennifer Lopez and Harry Connick Jr. posed with host Ryan Seacrest.

(Yin Fu/Daily Bruin)

Yin Fu