What’s happening at UCLA this weekend: Nov. 22-24

By Jennifer Crane

See what’s happening on your campus this weekend:

Today

HOOLIGAN Theatre Company presents: “Curtains”
“Curtains,” a musical comedy set in Boston is a “show within a show.” The musical begins with the mysterious murder of the leading lady of a new production during her opening night curtain call. A determined detective sets out on a mission to solve the murder case and save the show.
Schoenberg Hall
8 p.m.

Saturday

LGBTQ Ally Program

This three-hour program is designed to assist participants in gaining a basic awareness of LGBTQ identities as well as understanding how it makes the UCLA campus and world a more inclusive place. After completing the program and signing the allyship pledge, participants will receive a decal, button and Ally-In-Training certificate. Participants will also be listed on the online LGBTQ Ally Program registry upon completion of the program as a resource for the UCLA campus. For more information, contact Emily Roh at [email protected].

LGBT Campus Resource Center

1-4 p.m.

Schoenberg Hall

2 p.m. and 8 p.m.

Sunday

UCLA’s Chase the Turkey Aquathlon and 5K

The “open-water style” 500-meter swim will consist of five laps around a 50-meter pool, while the 5K will involve a 3.1-mile run around the UCLA campus. Registration for the event will be available on the day of the race for the 5K for an additional $5 while no registration will be available for the aquathlon on the day of the race. Awards will be presented to the top 3 male finishers and top 3 female finishers for both the aquathlon and the 5K, as well as to the top 3 collegiate finishers of the aquathlon.

UCLA Sunset Canyon Recreation Center

Aquathlon, 7:45 a.m.

5K, 8:30 a.m.

Sources: HOOLIGAN Theatre Company, UCLA LGBT Resource Center, UCLA Triathlon Team. Compiled by Jennifer Crane, Bruin senior staff.

Jennifer Crane