UC begins search for successor of UC President Mark Yudof

By Daily Bruin

The original version of this article contained an error and has been changed. See the bottom of the article for additional information.

The University of California has started looking for a successor to UC President Mark Yudof, who will step down from the position in August.

On Tuesday, a regents committee met with an executive search firm that was contracted to help the committee find a new president for the UC system, according to the L.A. Times

The members of the selection committee include Gov. Jerry Brown, along with UC regents Richard Blum, Russell Gould, George Kieffer, Bonnie Reiss, Frederick Ruiz, Bruce Varner, alumni regent Ronald Rubenstein and student regent Jonathan Stein. The committee is led by Sherry Lansing, chair of the UC Board of Regents, according to the L.A. Times.

Four other committees – student, staff, alumni and academic advisory committees – will assist the regents in the selection process, said Brooke Converse, a UC spokeswoman. The regents office has been working on organizing the committees that will participate in the search for a new UC president for the past few weeks, Converse said.

“The idea is to have someone ready before July’s regents meeting,” Converse said.

Yudof will officially step down on Aug. 31.

Compiled by Yoonjae Lim, Bruin contributor.

Correction: The regents office has been working on organizing the committees that will participate in the search for a new UC president for the past few weeks

Daily Bruin