Humans of Westwood: Jan 30

By Erin Ng

"I really like the colors on your sweater." "Thanks, it's my friend's. We traded this morning." Seen in Bruin Plaza

(Erin Ng/Daily Bruin)

"I'm a professor emeritus in the department of earth and space sciences. But since I've retired, I have been working on a website (www.botgard.ucla.edu). Click on campus plants, and you'll find a list of plants compiled by Wayne Dollase--which is me. I've listed over 500 plants and tell you where you can find them on campus." "Wow, so you you can pretty much identify any plant on campus?" "Well, I'm missing about half a dozen..." "What's that?" "Ophiopogon jaburan. More commonly known as White Lilyturf." Seen by Franz

(Erin Ng/Daily Bruin)

"I'm part of Intervarsity Christian Fellowship and this week, we're discussing God and money." "If you had a million dollars, what would you do?" "I'd probably pay off my college loans and then give the rest to my parents." "Why your parents?" "Because my mom worked five jobs in high school and my pop is the hardest working man ever. But they'll probably give it away too." Seen in Bruin Plaza

(Erin Ng/Daily Bruin)

"We're doing a fundraiser for Lambda Theta Phi. The money goes to sending brothers to conventions and retreats as well as pay for scholarships and community service in the L.A. area." Seen in Bruin Plaza

(Erin Ng/Daily Bruin)

"So what do you think the outcome of the Superbowl will be?" "49ers will win by 3. They have better defense and a better quarterback." Seen on Bruin Walk

(Erin Ng/Daily Bruin)

"What's your favorite candy here?" "Oh man, too many to choose from." Seen in Bruin Plaza

(Erin Ng/Daily Bruin)

"What do you do here?" "This is the maintenance shop for ASUCLA facilities." "What are you making there?" "I'm building an extended table for Cafe Synapse." Seen in Kerckhoff

(Erin Ng/Daily Bruin)

"Is this a class?" "This is a Fit Zone class for staff." "What's your favorite thing about it?" "It's great to be out here and get exercise while connecting with other people on campus who are trying to be healthy as well. And it's fun! And I can finally turn both directions!" Seen by Janss Steps

(Erin Ng/Daily Bruin)

"Her name is Yana." Seen on Bruin Walk

(Erin Ng/Daily Bruin)

"Tell me a bit about yourself?" "My name is Andre Oliver and I work for Another Chance Ministry and we get people off of drugs so they know they have another chance to get back on track. We help people, feed the homeless, give out free food on Saturdays, and give people clean showers, hot water, and three meals a day." Seen on Bruin Walk

(Erin Ng/Daily Bruin)

"I'm the chaplain at the Lutheran church at the corner of Gayley and Strathmore." "Tell me something about yourself?" "I think evangelism is easy because Jesus gives heaven and forgiveness for free. I'm just sharing this with others." Seen on Bruin Walk

(Erin Ng/Daily Bruin)

Chillin'. Seen by Glorya Kaufman Hall

(Erin Ng/Daily Bruin)

Seen by Lakretz

(Erin Ng/Daily Bruin)

Erin Ng