ASUCLA Board of Directors Meeting RECAP

STORE

• ASUCLA saw sluggish sales in October, but had very strong increases in sales in November, said Bob Williams, executive director of ASUCLA.
  • BearWear sales were down during the early part of fall quarter, but were strong in November after the UCLA football team’s win over USC.
  • The computer store was off plan, both in October and November. Sales have been decreasing and the committee attributed this to the trends in the computer industry of increased tablet sales.
  • There will be an Alumni Associate Sale at Ackerman Union with discounts on BearWear.
  • A new loyalty card program is expected to go into effect in January for ASUCLA benefits members. Students will be able to accumulate credit after purchasing items at ASUCLA locations and use points for other purchases.

FOOD

• Food sales were down in October, mainly with the North Campus Student Center and Lu Valle Commons. This was expected with the opening of the Court of Sciences Student Center, Williams said. Overall November was a strong month for food, but still had decreased sales in both North Campus and Lu Valle.

CONSTRUCTION

• A mural behind the Panda Express in Ackerman Union may be refurbished.

ELECTION OF OFFICERS

• The Board unanimously approved the appointment of Karleen Giannitrapani and Maggie Thornton to Board of Directors Chair and Board of Directors Vice Chair, respectively. This will go into effect at the next meeting.

Compiled by Estefani Herrera, Bruin contributor.