Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Prime in a Page

A Fat Favorite

Fat Sal’s has been affectionately embraced by Thursday-night culture at UCLA. The sandwich with our vote? The Fat Texas BBQ. The barbecue sauce-drenched carb-loaded sub is a guaranteed pleaser at the end of a stressful week.

Autumn: A Haiku

Fall is here, which means
Sweaters and pumpkin flavor
In all of the things.

Don’t Judge a Cat by Its Color

A UC Berkeley study released this quarter found that human perception of feline personalities is likely affected by differences in a cat’s coat color. The study suggests that feline stereotyping can have a negative impact on adoption rates at animal shelters.

Westwood’s Most Wanted

After hearing about the cultish status of Pliny the Elder, a beer produced in Santa Rosa, Calif., we embarked on a mission to hunt down the sought-after India pale ale. The beer proved to be more elusive than expected. Although sources tell us the beer is a sort of secret-menu product at Whole Foods, we’ve visited the grocery store four times throughout the quarter without any success.

Tips for Freshmen

1. Kerckhoff Coffee House gives out free cofee after 9 p.m. during finals week.
2. Don’t like coffee? (Don’t worry, that’ll change.) One swipe at B-Caf can get you two pastries instead.
3. If you have to take a tough GE, you can take it pass/fail.
4. Broad rhymes with road.

The Case for Cuteness

College students are infamous Internet trollers, but rarely is this seen as a productive habit. Yet according to researchers from Hiroshima University, images of cute animals can increase motor skills and carefulness. If there’s any justification for ogling over pictures of corgis as an excuse to avoid studying, we think this is it.