Stanford, UCLA to face off again after loss

Although senior linebacker Damien Holmes stopped Stanford’s momentum from getting too carried away with a sack on a last-second Stanford play at the end of the first half, the Bruins couldn’t halt the Cardinal throughout the second.

Midway through the third quarter, redshirt freshman quarterback Brett Hundley was intercepted and Stanford subsequently converted the turnover into a touchdown. On the resulting kickoff, freshman wide receiver Kenny Walker tried to return the kickoff out of the endzone but was forced to fumble. The Cardinal recovered the football and returned it 11 yards for a touchdown to put Stanford up 35-10 over UCLA.

Hundley was off throughout the game, completing 20 passes out of 38 attempts, good for 52.6% ““ his worst of the season. He didn’t get much help from his receivers, with redshirt sophomore running back Jordon James responsible for a few drops.

The Bruins limped to a losing effort and a final score of 17-35. UCLA will get a second shot against Stanford next week in Palo Alto, however, when the teams face off in the Pac-12 Championship Game.

Compiled by Chris Nguyen, Bruin Sports senior staff.