Stanford leads UCLA 21-10 at halftime

UCLA kicked off against Stanford at the Rose Bowl in its last home game of the season today with Pac-12 Championship implications on the line.

Although the Bruins sealed their fate by beating the USC Trojans last week, the outcome of today’s game will decide where the Pac-12 Championship game will be played and who the Bruins will be playing. With Oregon beating Oregon State earlier in the day, Stanford needs to beat UCLA to play host to the conference championship game. If Stanford loses, then Oregon will host UCLA in the Pac-12 Championship game.

Stanford began the game strong, driving right up the UCLA gut on its first drive of the game. The drive resulted in a touchdown courtesy of an 11 yard pass from Stanford quarterback Kevin Hogan to wide receiver Drew Terrell.

The Bruins answered back with a touchdown drive of their own. Redshirt freshman quarterback Brett Hundley found redshirt senior Joe Fauria in the endzone on a play very similar to the one Fauria scored on against USC.

UCLA couldn’t find an offensive rhythm, however, while Stanford tacked on two more touchdowns in the second quarter. The Cardinal headed into the tunnel with a 21-10 lead after UCLA freshman kicker Ka’imi Fairbairn hit a career-long 48 yard field goal just before the end of the half.

Compiled by Chris Nguyen, Bruin Sports senior staff.