UCLA booster Jim Collins talks about his history with John Wooden and the university

By Gabriel Basayne

Over the course of the last year, UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion has been massively renovated. On Oct. 26, 2012 legendary coach John Wooden was immortalized in a bronze statue at the north entrance. This statue was made possible with a generous donation from alumni and athletics donors Jim and Carol Collins. These two have been active participants with UCLA for more than 50 years as students, volunteers and philanthropists. Together, they made a donation that helped UCLA reach its target of $136 million for the revitalization of Pauley. Both Jim and Carol respectively have donated money to build numerous things on campus such as the UCLA Collins Center for Executive Education (1987) and the UCLA Laboratory School (1998). They were at the unveiling of Wooden’s statue to share their thoughts and involvement throughout the renovation process.

For more multimedia coverage of the renovated Pauley Pavilion, visit http://dailybruin.com/page/welcoming-back-pauley

Gabriel Basayne