USAC Recap – April 3

The Undergraduate Students Association Council is the official student government of UCLA’s undergraduate students. Council meetings are Tuesdays at 7 p.m. in Kerckhoff 417 and are open to all students.

Agenda

• Contingency allocations were approved unanimously.
  • The council approved the USAC 2012 election calendar unanimously.
  • The Council approved the wording for the referendum on the USAC election ballot with a vote of 11-0-1.

Officer reports

• President Emily Resnick said the community service scholarship will be continued next year. The application will be available early next week. Her office is also finalizing a date for a farmer’s market on the Hill.
  • Kristina Sidrak, internal vice president, said next week is the third annual Enough is Enough Week, which focuses on issues such as domestic violence, dating and stalking.
  • Joelle Gamble, external vice president, said members of her office went to the University of California Regents meeting over spring break. Her office is also working with CALPIRG to register voters.
  • Raquel Saxe, Academic Affairs commissioner, said her office will be holding an information session for the Communities and Conflict in the Modern World requirement Tuesday. Major Blast, an event for undecided students to explore different majors and minors on campus, will be held the same day in Ackerman Grand Ballroom. She also said there is a pilot digital course reader program for a GE class this quarter.
  • Kinnery Shah, Cultural Affairs commissioner, said the headliners for the Jazz Reggae Music Festival were announced over spring break.
  • Andi Hester, Financial Supports commissioner, said the ASUCLA mobile app will be available soon and will feature a list of ASUCLA restaurants on campus and their menus.

Special Presentations

• Rachel Corell, business manager of the UCLA Volunteer Center, asked the council to help promote Volunteer Day and the center’s upcoming projects and initiatives.