USAC Recap ““ June 21

The Undergraduate Students Association Council is the official student government of UCLA’s undergraduate students. Council meetings are Tuesdays at 7 p.m. in Kerckhoff 417 and are open to all students.

Special Presentations

• Center for Student Programming Associate Director Kenn Heller gave a presentation to show councilmembers how to use OrgSync, an online management system that organizes all UCLA student organizations.

Agenda

• Contingency allocations passed unanimously with a vote of 7-0-0.

Officer Reports

• President Emily Resnick was not present for this week’s meeting.
  • Internal Vice President Kristina Sidrak met with university spokeswoman Nancy Greenstein to discuss Strathmore Safe Rides and is working to incorporate surveys from last quarter’s program.
  • External Vice President Joelle Gamble announced that Sen. Dianne Feinstein agreed to come to campus and talk to students sometime during the school year; the date has yet to be set.
  • Gamble is working to increase student attendance for the UC Board of Regents meeting in July, as well as student support for AB 970, a bill designed to give students advance notice in case of increases in UC tuition.
  • Gamble also plans to speak with city councilmember Paul Koretz about illegal apron parking in the North Village.
  • Academic Affairs Commissioner Raquel Saxe discussed items from an Academic Senate Executive Board meeting, including potential cuts to student aid. She added that the writing center, proposed to replace Covel Peer Learning Labs, might not have funding because of rules regarding “educational services” and “student services.”