Tennis gears up for individual titles in the NCAA singles and doubles championships

McCall Jones, ranked No. 57 in the country, will compete in the NCAA singles championships.

By Vidur Malik

After the UCLA men’s and women’s tennis teams’ seasons are over, individuals from those teams will get a chance to win some glory of their own.

After the NCAA Tournament, which begins next weekend, players will take part in the NCAA singles and doubles championships, which begin May 25 in Palo Alto.

The women’s team will send two of its own in junior McCall Jones and senior Noelle Hickey to compete in the singles tournament, and both will team up to play in the doubles field as well.

They will be joined in doubles by freshman Courtney Dolehide and senior Andrea Remynse, who are the No. 23 doubles team in the nation.

Hickey participated in last year’s tournament, falling in the round of 16. Remynse played in the doubles tournament with former Bruin and then-senior Yasmine Shnack.

Along with the women, freshman standout Daniel Kosakowski will represent the men’s team in Palo Alto, and senior Amit Inbar is a first alternate for the tournament.

Freshman Adrien Puget and redshirt sophomore Alex Brigham are fourth alternates for doubles.

Inbar was part of a doubles team with senior Nick Meister, who has sat out this year with a knee injury, in last year’s tournament.

The Bruins begin NCAA Tournament play May 13, when the men’s team hosts Binghamton. The women host Quinnipiac at the Los Angeles Tennis Center on May 14.

Compiled by Vidur Malik, Bruin Sports senior staff.

Vidur Malik