“˜The Biggest Loser’ trainer Jillian Michaels joins NFL athletes, members of Obama Administration to host Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander Health and Fitness Day

Jillian Michaels of “The Biggest Loser” leads a group of children in a workout routine Saturday as part of first lady Michelle Obama’s Let’s Move campaign.

Prior to every episode of “The Biggest Loser,” a video montage shows trainer Jillian Michaels screaming, “I’ll be in your face every day like this!” at a contestant.

Michaels ““ albeit in a less intense fashion ““ was in the face of more than 500 Pacific-Islander children Saturday at the Intramural Field, leading a group exercise and throwing around phrases like, “You can’t be tired yet. You’re only 10 years old!”

Michaels joined with NFL athletes and members of the Obama administration to host the first-ever Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander Health and Fitness Day.

The event, facilitated by the White House Initiative on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders, is a part of first lady Michelle Obama’s “Let’s Move!” Campaign, and focused on helping the NHPI community learn about health and fitness.

In American Samoa, 93.5 percent of its population is obese, and three of the globe’s top 10 obese nations are located in the Pacific Islands, according to the World Health Organization. But the outreach effort isn’t falling on deaf ears as many NHPIs call Southern California home. Its NHPI population is second to only Hawaii.

“We’re creating opportunities that were lacking,” said Assistant Secretary of the U.S. Department of the Interior Tony Babauta, the only Pacific Islander serving at an appointed position in the Obama administration. “The issue of obesity and promoting activity needs to be tackled by all of us ““ our community, our local and state governments and government at the federal level.”

The event opened with a program in which all lawmakers, athletes and celebrities in attendance spoke to the children about the importance of exercise and a healthy diet.

Three players from the NFL attended: Pro-Bowl safety Troy Polamalu, fellow Pittsburgh Steeler and former Super Bowl MVP Hines Ward and Pro-Bowl left tackle Marcus McNeill of the San Diego Chargers.

“One out of five Pacific Islander youth is obese, and that’s really alarming to me,” said Ward, who is a member of the President’s Advisory Commission on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders.

Ward said his mother was constantly searching around his neighborhood’s street football games for him while kids today can be found in front of iPads and Xboxes.

“I really want to stress to you guys to get outside and play and enjoy being a kid,” Ward said.

Polamalu, who is of Samoan decent, spoke to children about the importance of spiritual health in addition to staying fit.

McNeill is the founder of Mack’s Miracles, an organization founded in 2008 to fight childhood obesity. His father and sister have both been diagnosed with diabetes.

“This is something that’s very dear to my heart, and it’s really the responsibility of the parents,” he said.

Although he weighs in at 336 pounds, McNeill said he’s working on transforming the traditional image of a lineman from bulky and overweight to lean and agile.

While Ward, Polamlalu and McNeill shared their experiences as professional athletes, Michaels has helped people fight obesity over 11 seasons on “The Biggest Loser.”

She has worked with numerous Pacific Islander contestants on the show.

“Food is an integral part of your culture,” Michaels said to the group. “It’s time to start thinking about how to redefine that so that it’s health-conscious and that you give their kids every opportunity to have a happy and healthy life.”