UCLA women’s water polo to begin season in Ann Arbor against No. 8 Michigan

Women's water polo

Michigan invitational

Saturday and Sunday
Ann Arbor, Mich.
Big Ten Network

UCLA opens its season with two games Saturday and two games Sunday. Sunday will feature a game against No. 8 Michigan.

After failing to win its sixth straight NCAA Championship in 2010, the UCLA women’s water polo team begins its quest back to the top of the water polo world Saturday in Ann Arbor, Mich.

The No. 4 Bruins will play four predetermined games. The most notable of the four will be Sunday’s matchup against No. 8 Michigan, a team which UCLA beat in the fifth-place game in the NCAA Tournament last season.

After an up-and-down 2010 that saw them win the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation Tournament but lose in the first round of the playoffs, the Bruins come into the 2011 season with plenty of experience.

Seniors Grace Reynolds and Priscilla Orozco lead the way for a Bruin team that lost no players to graduation. Reynolds, a center, tallied a team-high 43 goals in her first year with the program after transferring from California, while Orozco has 107 goals in her three years playing attacker for the Bruins.
_
Compiled by Ryan Menezes, Bruin Sports senior staff._