Men’s tennis team has strong showing in Southern California Intercollegiate Championships, while Inbar and Meister lose in consolation final of USTA/ITA tournament

The UCLA men’s tennis team had an impressive performance at the 54th annual Southern California Intercollegiate Championships held at the Los Angeles Tennis Center.

Playing in familiar territory, sophomore Maxime Tabatruong advanced to the final of the singles main draw before losing to Jaak Poldma of USC 6-3, 6-2 on Sunday. Freshman Daniel Kosakowski won the consolation tournament of the singles main draw, beating J.T. Sundling of USC 3-6, 6-3, 10-8 in the final on Sunday.

Other Bruins also competed in the main draw. Sophomore Evan Teufel lost in the round of 32 and fellow sophomore Warren Hardie lost in the round of 16 after beating redshirt sophomore teammate Alex Brigham in the round of 32 to advance. Freshman Clay Thompson lost in the round of 16, and Kosakowski, the No. 2 seed in the main draw, lost in the round of 32.

UCLA also had three teams in the 16-team doubles main draw.

Hardie and Thompson lost in the quarterfinals of the draw, Tabatruong and redshirt junior Jeff Gast lost in the round of 16, and Brigham and Kosakowski lost in the round of 16.

Inbar and Meister in New York

Seniors Amit Inbar and Nick Meister lost in the final round of the doubles consolation draw of the USTA/ITA National Intercollegiate Indoor Championships in Flushing, N.Y., that was held Thursday through Sunday. Inbar and Meister lost to the team of Bradley Klahn and Ryan Thacher of Stanford 8-6 on Sunday. They lost to Jean Andersen and Ed Corrie of Texas 8-5 in the main draw on Thursday.

Compiled by Vidur Malik, Bruin Sports senior staff.