Nine players represent men’s tennis in Southern California Intercollegiate Championship

The UCLA men’s tennis team will continue to be represented in fall tournaments against the top tennis players in the nation.

A total of nine men’s tennis players will compete in the Southern California Intercollegiate Championships that takes place Wednesday through Sunday at the Los Angeles Tennis Center at UCLA.

Three Bruins are in the tournament’s main singles draw, which starts Thursday. Freshmen Daniel Kosakowski, the tournament’s No. 2 seed, and Clay Thompson are in the draw with sophomore Maxime Tabatruong. USC’s Daniel Nguyen is the singles draw’s No. 1 seed.

Six UCLA players are in the 64-player singles qualifying draw, which starts today. Kosakowski and redshirt sophomore Alex Brigham, who is in the singles qualifying draw, are competing in doubles and are the No. 4 seed in that draw.

Inbar and Meister in National Championships

While their teammates compete at home, seniors Amit Inbar and Nick Meister will compete in the USTA/ITA Indoor Collegiate Championships at the Billie Jean King Tennis Center in Flushing, N.Y., from Nov. 4-7. Inbar and Meister will team up in the doubles draw of the tournament, which they can participate in as a result of winning the doubles tournament of the USTA/ITA Regional Championships at UC Irvine from Oct. 21-26.

Compiled by Vidur Malik, Bruin Sports senior staff.