Starting Monday, students can buy bus package tickets at the Central Ticket Office for the football game against UC Berkeley, a solution to the problem of transportation for those who want to represent the Den in Northern California on Oct. 9.

Presented by the Undergraduate Students Association Council and The Den, this service offers round-trip charter bus tickets for $61. Students can buy tickets for the game and the bus separately or together, and student tickets for the game are $28.

“Everybody gets to go up (to Berkeley) together on the bus, which is really cool,” said USAC general representative Emily Resnick, who is organizing the program. “It brings people together in that way and increases the number of kids who can go who might not have had a car or ride.”

USAC and The Den will host a rally at the Bruin statue at midnight on Friday to get people excited for the game, Resnick said. The buses, stationed behind the intramural field, will leave around 1:30 a.m. Saturday. After the game ends on Saturday, students get bused back at 6 p.m., arriving in Southern California around midnight.

“Not everyone has a car, not everyone knows an upperclassman who has a car, so we’re aiming for those students especially,” said Elan Bigknife, president of the Den. “Driving up to Norcal and back all in one weekend, that’s a lot of work.”

Resnick compared the $61 bus price to a road trip, in which gas money might cost around $122, and an airplane ticket to Berkeley, which is currently around $162.

While more than 500 students have claimed to be attending the Cal game on the road trip’s Facebook event, it is unclear how many students actually attend away games.

Other than the USC game, the away football games with the most student attendance are those in Northern California, Bigknife said.

Carly Cameron, co-director of the spirit committee for Resnick’s office, said she hopes at least 200 students choose to bus up to Berkeley, a projection Bigknife agreed with.

“It’s homecoming weekend for Cal, and all of their reunions are happening and it’s a big game for Cal,” Cameron said. “Basically, the more student support we can get there, obviously the better.”

However, many students often plan their own separate trips for away football games, either driving if they happen to have a car or renting out an RV or Winnebago. Rob Runkel, president of Sigma Nu, said the fraternity managed to send around 20 members to the Texas game and estimated that around 35 brothers would be going to Berkeley.

“We’re probably still doing our own thing,” Runkel said about the bus package. “But I wouldn’t be surprised if some people living in the dorms would be excited about that option.”

Some students agreed with Resnick’s expectations, especially the social appeal of riding on the bus.

“It is kind of pricey, but there’s a lot of benefits,” said Jesse Landeros, a second-year physiological sciences student. “On a bus you get to meet so many new people and get all excited preparing for the game, and in the end it’d probably be worth it.”

Students who have yet to purchase game tickets can purchase physical tickets from CTO. Because there is assigned seating, students who wish to sit with their friends should buy their seats at the same time, Resnick said. The deadline to purchase bus tickets will likely be Thursday, she said.