UCLA tennis players head to ITA All-American Championships

By Vidur Malik

Correction: Due to a technical error, the original version of the article’s headline was the first paragraph of the story.

Although the UCLA men’s and women’s tennis teams take the court in the winter, some players on both squads will have the chance to compete early.

Individuals on the men’s and women’s teams have been selected to participate in the Intercollegiate Tennis Association All-American Championships that begin today.

Junior Noelle Hickey will be in the women’s main draw of the Riviera/ITA All-American Championships, and juniors Andrea Remynse and McCall Jones are in the qualifying draw. Freshman Courtney Dolehide will team up with Remynse in the main doubles draw, while Remynse is also a third alternate for the main draw.

Hickey and sophomore Nina Pantic will play doubles in the qualifying draw.

Freshman Pamela Montez and junior Maya Johansson will join Dolehide in the pre-qualifying play that will be held on Saturday and Sunday at the Los Angeles Tennis Center. The women’s championship will be held from Saturday to Oct. 10 at the Riviera Country Club in Pacific Palisades.

From the men’s team, seniors Nick Meister and Amit Inbar and freshman Daniel Kosakowski will play in the qualifying draw of the D’Novo/ITA All-American Championships at the University of Tulsa from Saturday to Oct. 10. Inbar and Meister will also be playing doubles in the main draw, while freshman Clay Thompson and Kosakowski will play in the qualifying draw. Redshirt sophomore Alex Brigham will play in the pre-qualifying singles round.

Vidur Malik