UPDATED: UCLA offensive coordinator Norm Chow agrees to two-year contract extension

July 30, 2010 9:27 a.m.

Updated at 2:41 p.m.

When Lane Kiffin was hired as coach of the USC football team in January, it was rumored that UCLA offensive coordinator Norm Chow would leave Westwood to join Kiffin for a second stint with the Trojans. But Chow ultimately decided to stay in hopes of working out a new contract with UCLA.

And now, six months later, the decision to remain with the Bruins has paid off.

Chow has agreed, in principle, to a two-year contract extension with the Bruins, according to UCLA football spokesman Marc Dellins. The final terms of this deal have not yet been worked out.

This is the final year of Chow’s current contract in which he will make $390,000 to go along with a $250,000 bonus that he received in April for remaining at UCLA throughout the entire contract.

Chow has often been quoted as saying that he expects UCLA to be the last stop on his long coaching journey. Chow started as the offensive coordinator at Brigham Young before moving on to North Carolina State, followed by USC. After a three-year stint with the NFL’s Tennessee Titans, Chow was pegged as a candidate to replace former UCLA coach Karl Dorrell but pulled out of the race after interviewing. When Rick Neuheisel was awarded the position in 2008, he brought Chow on as the offensive coordinator.

Compiled by Sam Strong, Bruin Sports senior staff.