Graduation tickets for College of Letters and Science and department ceremonies go on sale through May 11

By Shoshee Jau

All graduating students will be able to order College of Letters and Science, departmental and honors tickets online from MyUCLA from Monday to May 11.

Around 4,000 ticket orders were placed by early morning Monday. However, a group of students were inconvenienced when the ticketing system did not allow them to order tickets because the system said they were not registered to graduate this year. The problem was quickly corrected, said Julie Sina, dean of the College of Letters and Science.

“We missed a band of students, but we figured out who they were and notified them of their eligibility by e-mail,” she said.

Students may receive free tickets for themselves, along with two additional guest tickets.

They may be wait-listed for up to six additional tickets through MyUCLA. Waitlist statuses will be available by May 14.

For departmental ceremonies, students will need to confirm their attendance with their respective departments. Each department will allow four free tickets, with the exception of the department of Psychology, which will only offer three free tickets. All additional tickets are $10 each.

The College of Letters and Science ceremony will take place in Drake Stadium this year and will allow for an attendance of approximately 11,000 guests. The Los Angeles Tennis Center will also be used for ceremonies for the School of Engineering, as well as the English and Political Science departments.

Students may take the voluntary 15-minute Senior Survey when they order their tickets. All proceeds from tickets will directly fund commencement, Sina said.

Students will be able to pick up their tickets either through the Central Ticket Office or through their individual department offices.

Shoshee Jau