Soccer seniors back on field

Forward Kristina Larsen and defender Lauren Wilmoth have been reinstated to the UCLA women’s soccer team after having been suspended for violating an unspecified team rule, coach Jillian Ellis said.

The return of the two seniors comes just before the end of the season. The Bruins have two matches remaining, both on the road against Washington and Washington State.

“(Larsen and Wilmoth) just violated team rules, and I’m a coach that has strong structure and strong beliefs,” coach Ellis said.

The suspension was upheld for a span of three games, including the last home match of the regular season against USC on Friday. Fortunately for the Bruins, the rest of the team did not miss a beat, going 3-0 during that span.

Prior to the suspension, Larsen and Wilmoth played in all 15 matches for the Bruins. Larsen started 14 games and is the third-leading scorer on the team with 19 points, while Wilmoth started all 15 games in the backfield.

“What they have now shown me, and what we have discussed as a team are that we’re ready to move forward,” Ellis said.