Clinique, Teen Vogue provide complimentary makeup, hairstyles on “˜Fresh Faces’ tour

The “Mobile Beauty Studio,” part of the nationwide Clinique Fresh Faces Tour, will stop in Westwood Village Wednesday, Nov. 4 through Friday, Nov. 6.

By Heather Nivin

You wake up. A top-notch hairdresser greets you and styles your hair into perfect waves, whereupon you’re whisked off to get your makeup done by a world-renowned makeup artist. Sound like the life of an A-list celebrity?

This Nov. 4-6, you don’t have to be Eva Longoria or Beyoncé Knowles to get the all-star treatment, thanks to Clinique and Teen Vogue’s Fresh Faces Tour. The “mobile beauty studio” has been making its way across the United States, kicking off in New York City in late September and making its final stop in Westwood (between Broxton and Kinross avenues). From 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., the studio will offer complimentary hairstyles and makeup application by skilled artists as well as the opportunity to get a photo snapped by a top fashion photographer.

“I think it could be something fun to do with your girlfriends,” said Brooke Cook, a second-year communications studies student.

If you are wondering if they give out free makeup, the answer is yes. In fact, besides the free samples, participants will get a copy of their professional headshot as well as be entered in a contest to be flown to New York to be photographed for their own spread in Teen Vogue. Even those who can’t attend the event can upload a photo online to be entered in the contest.

Chosen by a panel of Teen Vogue and Clinique experts, the three winners will also get an inside look at Teen Vogue’s main offices, meet fashion and beauty editors and get a peek at the coveted Teen Vogue closet. In addition, winners will get a tour of Clinique’s headquarters as well as receive a year’s supply of Clinique makeup products.

“It sounds like any girl’s dream,” said Kaitlin Cassidy, a first-year sociology student. “I know I would never just stop off somewhere and get my makeup done, so I think it’s a really great idea.”

The process that the women will undergo during the Fresh Faces Tour is a one-of-a-kind experience.

“We want to bring women a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity,” said Nancy Glass, a top makeup artist and trend expert at Clinique. “Most women have never had their makeup professionally done.”

After filling out a brief questionnaire, every woman who visits the tour will get a one-on-one consultation from a makeup artist and hair stylist, working to create a customized signature look that works for each woman’s specific style and needs. After walking away from the Fresh Faces truck, Clinique and Teen Vogue hope that the women will take away more than just a pretty face after walking away from the Fresh Faces truck.

“We just hope that (young women) will really feel beautiful about who they are and feel comfortable in their own skin,” Glass said. “We want to give women an opportunity to feel as special as they always should.”

It’s a simple yet poignant message, especially in a competitive setting like UCLA where students are constantly striving to excel and set themselves apart from the norm. Perhaps a “fresh face” is just what the doctor ordered for the ladies at UCLA.

“You will walk away feeling so confident,” Glass said.

Heather Nivin